Amanda Wigfield, MA, CSPT, CSAT
Hello, my name is Amanda and I am happy that you have taken the time to explore our website to get a feel for how we may be able to offer some guidance and relief for you and your family. First of all, let me start by listing my qualifications as a psychotherapist.
- B.A. Psychology from the University of Colorado, Boulder 2004 with honors
- M.A. Clinical Mental Helath Counseling from Argosy University in Denver 2009
- Certificate in Systemic Play Therapy from the Colorado School for Family Therapy in Aurora 2010
- Certificate in Systemic Art Therapy from the Colorado School for Family Therapy in Aurora 2010
- Currently under the supervision of Jennifer Elliot, LPC and RPT-S (Approved Play Therapy Supervisor)
I am a professional member of the Colorado Counseling Association and have joined two Douglas County Community Coalitions, for Substance Abuse and Parenting.
Now, what kind of therapist am I? My primary approach is a client-centered relationship building focus. Depending upon the situation and age of your child, I may use play and art therapy to work towards therapeutic goals. However, creating an environment of trust and safety is my number one priority and I work with a variety of techniques to do so. I believe that children need time and a safe place to sort out their problems and concerns that may be affecting their disposition or behavior. It would be an honor to play a role in your journey and witness what may be a turning point in your family's life story.