Amanda Wigfield, MA, LPC, CSPT,
Hello, my name is Amanda and I am happy that you have taken the time to explore our website to get a feel for how we may be able to offer some guidance and relief for you and your family. First of all, let me start by listing my qualifications as a psychotherapist.
- B.A. Psychology from the University of Colorado, Boulder 2004 with honors
- M.A. Clinical Mental Helath Counseling from Argosy University in Denver 2009
- Certificate in Systemic Play Therapy from the Colorado School for Family Therapy in Aurora 2010
- Certificate in Systemic Art Therapy from the Colorado School for Family Therapy in Aurora 2010
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified Trauma Informed Care Practitioner
Now, what kind of therapist am I? My primary approach is a client-centered relationship building focus. Depending upon the situation and age of your child, I may use play and art therapy to work towards therapeutic goals. However, creating an environment of trust and safety is my number one priority and I work with a variety of techniques to do so. I believe that children need time and a safe place to sort out their problems and concerns that may be affecting their disposition or behavior. It would be an honor to play a role in your journey and witness what may be a turning point in your family's life story.
Contact me at (303) 204-7577 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free initial consultation.